Patients of OPEN M Clinic:
Due to CDC recommendations after the outbreak of COVID-19, we have had to update our procedure for seeing patients in the clinic. Here are the changes you can expect to see for the indefinite future:
- When you arrive for your appointment, call 330-434-0110 ext. 413 to check in from your car. If you do not have a cell phone, come to the front door and check in through the intercom. We will call your cell phone, or come to your car to let you know when it is your turn to come in.
- When you come to the front door, you will be asked to sign in to the visitor log at the front desk. There will be someone there to take your temperature and ask you a series of questions related to symptoms of COVID, you will also be required to sanitize your hands. If your temperature is above 100*F you will not be permitted to enter the building (there may be exceptions depending on what you are being seen for).
- You will need to wear a mask or some kind of face covering for the entire appointment. If you do not have one, one will be provided for you to wear and return at the end of your visit. (Exceptions will be made for anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance per CDC recommendation). Please remember that your mask needs to cover your nose and mouth.
- If you bring a guest to your appointment they will not be permitted into the building unless they are needed as a translator. Please have them wait in the car if possible. We need to limit the number of people in the building.
- When you come into the clinic, a staff member/volunteer will bring you to the lab (if needed), or straight to an exam room to begin your visit. The nurse will do your intake and the doctor will see you in the same room. When you are done with the doctor you will go to the clinic waiting room.
- If you are waiting on medications to be filled, find a seat and try to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet. If you are not waiting on medications, you can check out at the clinic desk and leave. We would like to limit the waiting room to 3 patients, if there are already 3 people seated, please look for a seat in the main lobby.
- The pharmacist will call you to the garage door window and talk to you about your medications from behind the clear barrier. They will still be able to answer any questions related to your medications.
- After you receive your medication, you are free to check out and make your next appointment.
While in the clinic for your visit, please remember to wear your mask and maintain social distancing.
Please be patient with us during this transition. Your visit might take a little bit longer but we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe.